City Hall Ornament (2007)
$16.00
The 2007 Historic Alexandria ornament features the third and latest building to serve as Alexandria’s municipal headquarters. A town hall was built soon after Alexandria’s founding in 1749, followed by the first City Hall in 1817. Featuring a clock tower designed by Benjamin Henry Latrobe, this structure was heavily damaged by fire in 1871, and was replaced by the present City Hall, designed by Adolph Cluss. The building looks out over Market Square, site of the community’s public market since 1749, and the backdrop for Alexandria’s holiday tree every year.
Share:

Quantity
Item #000225