Friendship Firehouse Ornament (2009)
$16.00
The 2009 Historic Alexandria ornament features the Friendship Firehouse Museum. The Friendship Fire Company was established in 1774, and was the first volunteer fire company in Alexandria. The current firehouse was built in 1855 and remodeled in 1871. The building was restored in 1992, and most recently, the cupola was restored to its original color in 2009. Visit the firehouse and see hand-drawn fire engines, leather water buckets, axes, sections of early rubber hose and other historic fire-fighting equipment.
Share:

Quantity
Item #000226