Girl Scout Overnight: Junior Girl Scouts
Jumpstart the It’s Your World—Change It leadership journey for Junior Girl Scouts by joining Gadsby’s Tavern Museum for an overnight that walks girls step by step through what makes a great leader and how to lead a project of their own. The evening will use the story of how the museum buildings were saved as a case study for creating their own community-changing project. Girls will work on the Power of One and Power of Team sections of the journey and begin planning their community project for the final Power of Community section. Troops will need to take action and carry out their project at home as they continue their conversations around girls as leaders. Overnight includes 18th century dancing to celebrate your progress as well as an evening snack and light breakfast.
Troop leaders will receive an information packet no later than one month prior to your event. Troop leaders will leave the overnight program with an outline of the girls' agreed-upon take action project with as much planned as possible.
This overnight runs concurrently with a Cadette Girl Scout overnight. The different troop levels complete separate activities but share a common sleeping space and breakfast. Multi-level troops should register girls separately under the appropriate-level overnight and register the approrpriate number of adults per troop level.
Important items of note:
- All are Friday evenings starting at 7pm and going until Saturday at 8:30am
- This is not a drop off event; adults must purchase tickets as well. A minimum of 2 adults required per troop of 7 or more girls, one must be female. Troops of 1 to 6 girls must have one female adult attend.
- Groups are responsible for handling their own permission slips and following all Safety Wise requirements.
- Patches and t-shirts are available for purchase. Information for pre-orders will be included with the info packet.
- Event does not include Girl Scout award or journey book (which is not required to participate)
All Sales are Final.
VENUE: Gadsbys Tavern Museum
DATES: 10/5/2018 through 2/22/2019
Please choose the day you wish to attend by clicking on the day in the calendar below: