Girl Scout Overnight: Cadette Girl Scouts
Girls working on the It's Your Story--Tell It: Media journey evaluate media through a fresh lense as they examine historic advertising and products. The highlight of the evening is when the girls work as a team to film a Public Service Announcment, bringing together what they learned about persuasion, ethics, and stereotypest. As part of the overnight, Cadettes Girl Scouts show their PSAs to Junior Girl Scouts on Saturday morning to evaluate their effectiveness.
Troop leaders will receive an information packet no later than one month prior to the event. During the event, troop leaders will receive girls' media pledges to take home and revisit at a future troop meeting. Approximately one week after the event, troop leaders will receive a dropbox link to download their troop's PSA.
-The overnight includes an evening snack and light breakfast. Please eat dinner before arrival.
-Troop leaders are responsible for buying the Girl Scout award separately.
-This is not a drop off event; adults must purchase tickets as well. A minimum of 2 adults required per troop of 8 or more girls, one must be female. Troops of 1 to 7 girls must have one female adult attend.
-This overnight runs concurrently with a Junior Girl Scout overnight. Multi-level troops should register girls separately under the appropriate-level overnight and must meet chaperone ratios for each level separately.
- This is not a drop-off event. Even for individual girls at least one adult must accompany.
- All are Friday evenings starting at 7pm and going until Saturday at 8:30am
- Please note that adults must purchase tickets as well. A minimum of 2 adults required per troop of 6 or more girls, one must be female. Troops of 1 to 5 girls must have one female adult attend.
- Groups are responsible for handling their own permission slips and following all Safety Wise requirements.
- Patches and t-shirts are available for purchase. Information will be emailed one month prior to event.
- Junior and Cadette overnights run concurrently. For mixed-age troops, please be sure to purchase the correct number of tickets for each level and that both Cadettes and Juniors have an adequate number of adults. While they will be sleeping in the same building, all other evening activities occur in different locations.
- Event does not include Girl Scout award or journey book (which is not required to participate)
- Maximum Troop Size: 16 people (including adults)
All Sales are Final.
VENUE: Gadsbys Tavern Museum
DATES: 11/30/2018 through 2/22/2019
Please choose the day you wish to attend by clicking on the day in the calendar below: